Nov 2016- NanoLab publishes 2 articles in the Focus Issue on Paper Electronics of the Flexible and Printed Electronics Journal of the Institute of Physics (UK).
Sep 2016- Prof. Steckl is co-organizer of NSF Workshop on Paper-based Electronics for the 21st Century
Jun 2016- Nanolab's blood coagulation device is featured by NSF News media.
May 2016- Nanolab presents 1 invited talk, 2 oral presentations, 3 poster presentations at Interpore 2016.
Dec 2015- Prof. Andrew Steckl elected Fellow of the National Academy of Inventors.
Oct 2015- WVXU interviewed NanoLab alumni, Eliot Gomez on electrofying plants. He is currently researching at the Laboratory of Organic Electronics in the Linköping University, Sweden.
Dec 2015- NanoLab Presentations at Fall MRS Conference in Boston.
• Dr. Steckl - invited paper on “Blood, Sweat and Tears - Paper-Based Microfluidics”.
• Daewoo Han - oral presentations on "Controlled Release of Antimicrobial Molecules from Nanofiber Membranes Produced by Multi-Axial Electrospinning” and "Mycophenolic Acid Incorporated Electrospun Fibers for Brain Cancer Treatment”.
Oct 2015- Nanolab Point-of-Care research featured on 2015 UC Graduate School Annual Report .
Sep 2015- Nanolab published the first peer-reviewed video journal paper in the Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE) on 'Phase Diagram Characterization Using Magnetic Beads as Liquid Carriers'.
Aug 2015- NanoLab paper published in ACS Analytical Chemistry on 'Electrospun Carbon Nanofiber Modified Electrodes for Stripping Voltammetry'.
Jun 2015- NanoLab paper published in Biosensors & Bioelectronics on 'Integrated OLED as excitation light source in fluorescent lateral flow immunoassays'.
Jun 2015- NanoLab presents 4 oral talks at EMC 2015 Columbus.
• Dr.Steckl - DNA bases as Key Components of Organic Light Emitting Diodes
• Daewoo Han - Multi-axially Electrospun Nanofiber Membranes with Antimicrobial Properties
• Vishak Venkatraman - Integrated OLED as Excitation Light Source for Quantum Dot Fluorescent Lateral Flow Immunoassay
• Prajokta Ray - Electrochemical Urine Sensor on Paper Substrate
Jan 2015- NanoLab paper published in ACS Photonics on 'Improved Performance of OLEDs on Cellulose/Epoxy Substrate Using Adenine as a Hole Injection Layer'.
Jan 2015- Eliot’s presentation at MRS is featured in the IEEE Spectrum.
Jan 2015- Nature Photonics Research Highlights reviews our article on the use of DNA nucleobases for improved performance of OLEDs.
Dec 2014- NanoLab paper published in Advanced Materials on 'Exploring the Potential of Nucleic Acid Bases in Organic Light Emitting Diodes'.
Nov 2014- NanoLab paper published in Nature Scientific Reports on 'DNA Bases Thymine and Adenine in Bio-Organic Light Emitting Diodes'.
Nov 2014- The EE Times journal published an interview with Dr.Steckl about paper electronics.
Nov 2014- 'Paper Factory' class lectured by Dr.Steckl has been highlighted in MRS bulletin.
Aug 2014- NanoLab paper published in Fuel Cells on 'Microbial Power-Generating Capabilities on Micro-/Nano-Structured Anodes in Micro-Sized Microbial Fuel Cells'.
Aug 2014- NanoLab paper published in Lap on a Chip on 'Blood coagulation screening using a paper-based microfluidic lateral flow device'.
Jul 2014- Congratulations on Tiffany & Zhongnan Wedding: Parents of Bride and Groom were PhD students in Dr. Steckl's Lab!! What a small world~!
Jun 2014- Click here for Electrowetting conference photos!!!
Jun 2014- NanoLab paper published in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces on 'Magnetic Particles as Liquid Carriers in the Microfluidic Lab-in-Tube Approach To Detect Phase Change'.
Mar 2014- Dr.Steckl serve as co-PI's for one of the four collaborative projects that have been awarded funding through the latest round of the University Research Council interdisciplinary grants program.
Feb 2014- NanoLab patents are published as below.
• A. J. Steckl and D. Han, “Methods for electrospinning hydrophobic coaxial fibers into superhydrophobic and oleophobic coaxial fiber mats”, US Patent # 8,518,320 Aug. 2013.
• A. J. Steckl and S. Allen, “Light emitting device having a specific dimension of phosphor layer”, US Patent # 8,598,778, Dec. 2013
Feb 2014- NanoLab paper published in Nanotechnology on 'Pentacene organic thin-film transistors on flexible paper and glass substrates'.
Feb 2014- NanoLab paper published in Nanotechnology on 'High brightness phosphorescent organic light emitting diodes on transparent and flexible cellulose films'.
Jan 2014- Prof. Steckl quoted in MRS 360 article on Pencil-based Electronics.
Jan 2014- NanoLab paper published in Journal of SID on 'Electrowetting on non-fluorinated hydrophobic surfaces. Journal of the Society for Information Display'.
Jan 2014- NanoLab paper published in Applied Physics Letters on 'p-type GaN grown by phase shift epitaxy'.
Click here for more...