Nov 2016- NanoLab publishes 2 articles in the Focus Issue on Paper Electronics of the Flexible and Printed Electronics Journal of the Institute of Physics (UK):
• Urine-Powered Sensor for “Smart” Diaper.
• Paper-Based Diagnostics with Zero On-Board Power
Sep 2016- Prof. Steckl is co-organizer of NSF Workshop on Paper-based Electronics for the 21st Century
Jun 2016- Nanolab's blood coagulation device is featured by NSF News media.
May 2016- Nanolab presents 1 invited talk, 2 oral presentations, 3 poster presentations at Interpore 2016.
Dec 2015- Prof. Andrew Steckl elected Fellow of the National Academy of Inventors.
Oct 2015- WVXU interviewed NanoLab alumni, Eliot Gomez on electrofying plants. He is currently researching at the Laboratory of Organic Electronics in the Linköping University, Sweden.
Dec 2015- NanoLab Presentations at Fall MRS Conference in Boston.
• Dr. Steckl - invited paper on “Blood, Sweat and Tears - Paper-Based Microfluidics”.
• Daewoo Han - oral presentations on "Controlled Release of Antimicrobial Molecules from Nanofiber Membranes Produced by Multi-Axial Electrospinning” and "Mycophenolic Acid Incorporated Electrospun Fibers for Brain Cancer Treatment”.
Oct 2015- Nanolab Point-of-Care research featured on 2015 UC Graduate School Annual Report .
Sep 2015- Nanolab published the first peer-reviewed video journal paper in the Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE) on 'Phase Diagram Characterization Using Magnetic Beads as Liquid Carriers'.
Aug 2015- NanoLab paper published in ACS Analytical Chemistry on 'Electrospun Carbon Nanofiber Modified Electrodes for Stripping Voltammetry'.
Jun 2015- NanoLab paper published in Biosensors & Bioelectronics on 'Integrated OLED as excitation light source in fluorescent lateral flow immunoassays'.
Jun 2015- NanoLab presents 4 oral talks at EMC 2015 Columbus.
• Dr.Steckl - DNA bases as Key Components of Organic Light Emitting Diodes
• Daewoo Han - Multi-axially Electrospun Nanofiber Membranes with Antimicrobial Properties
• Vishak Venkatraman - Integrated OLED as Excitation Light Source for Quantum Dot Fluorescent Lateral Flow Immunoassay
• Prajokta Ray - Electrochemical Urine Sensor on Paper Substrate
Jan 2015- NanoLab paper published in ACS Photonics on 'Improved Performance of OLEDs on Cellulose/Epoxy Substrate Using Adenine as a Hole Injection Layer'.
Jan 2015- Eliot’s presentation at MRS is featured in the IEEE Spectrum.
Jan 2015- Nature Photonics Research Highlights reviews our article on the use of DNA nucleobases for improved performance of OLEDs.
Click here for more...